Friday, May 23, 2014

Circus Birthday Party


I always call Declan monkey because he loves to imitate them and he climbs on everything so it was only fitting to do a birthday theme that could somehow include his love of monkeys and animals in general, thus the circus/carnival theme. I have known since Halloween that we would be going with this theme after Declan got so excited about being able to dress up as a monkey for trick-or-treating so I had a bit of time to make plans and I am so pleased with how everything came together.

 
The logstics for the party were fairly simple since the plan would be to have them outside at our house I found super cute table skirts online that resemble circus tents so I went ahead and ordered those to be used for the food tables. We setup Declan's small bounce house, had our cornhole set in place to serve as the carnival games and put together a really simple photo booth. Since Declan is 2 and most of his guests were the same age or younger we decided to forego multiple games for the kids, but this would be great if this theme were to be used for an older child!


I am in love with the invite we had for his party this year! The invite was made to look like an admission ticket to the circus and was easily ordered using the one hour photo service at Walgreens. I ordered a party printable set from Dimple Prints that provided me with all of the food signs, game signs, cupcake toppers and the invitation. The iron-on image for his birthday shirt also came as part of the package and was super easy to do! There was a ton more included with the printable package, but I simply did not have the time to put it all to use. I highly recommend this shop though because they have adorable party sets!
 
  
For the rest of the party all I really had to do was put everything together from the printable package. The cupcake toppers were made using the printable package, a 2-inch circle paper punch and six inch lollipop sticks. The food signs we used were all included with the printable set. I also bought a cheap roll of carnival tickets and hot glued them around three small boxes to use as the cupcake stands.

 

We tried to keep all of the food within the circus/carnival theme by having hot dogs, chips,  popcorn and cotton candy. A family friend owns a cotton candy machine and they made all of the bags the day before. All we had to do the day of the party was string the baker's twine across our back porch like a clothesline and attach the bags with clothespins. I found the hot dog boats in Target's dollar section last summer and went ahead and bought them because they were adorable! The ketchup and mustard bottles came as a set at Dollar Tree so they were an easy and inexpensive addition. I ordered the popcorn boxes earlier in the year on Zulily and simply bought bags of Indiana Popcorn at the grocery store to fill them up.
*I had planned to get fresh popped popcorn from Target or Sam's Club, but this ended up not panning out with my schedule the week of the party.
 





 
Happy Birthday, Declan! We hope you had as much fun at your party as we did! Love you!
 
 

 

 

1 comment: